Scarborough-Guildwood Youth Council
I'd like to invite you to join the Scarborough-Guildwood Youth Council!
Apply for the opportunity to:
- Positively contribute to your community
- Resume building
- Social activism
- Leadership roles
- Public speaking
- Engage in Municipal Politics
Complete this application to apply here. For more information see this brochure.
If you have any question please contact the City Hall Office at 416-392-4008 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Scarborough-Guildwood Neighbours,
In July 2018, Toronto City Council passed a motion I put forward for the seizure and destruction of illegal guns. It was found that seized illegal weapons often make their way back onto city streets, which should not be occurring.
As a result, requests to the Toronto Police Service (TPS) Board, the Ontario Provincial Police and the Province of Ontario were made to adopt and implement the necessary measures for an elimination procedure for illegal guns and ammunition confiscated by law enforcement agencies.
The City Manager was also directed to report back to City Council during the first quarter of 2019 on the implementation of this seize and destroy procedure. More on this motion can be found here.
At this month's Executive Committee meeting, the motion for City Powers to Regulate Firearms and Ammunition and Update on Related Initiatives was adopted without amendments.
This item recommends a number of requests to the Government of Canada to:
- Ban the sale of handguns in the City of Toronto
- Implement a tougher screening for mental health and intimate partner violence issues for licensed gun owners and those seeking to acquire firearms permits
- Control handguns coming into Canada along the American and Canadian border
- Include tougher penalties including mandatory-minimum sentences for gun traffickers
With requests made to the Government of Ontario to:
- Ban the sale of handgun ammunition in the City of Toronto
- Legislate a suspension of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission liquor license for establishments where the TPS has evidence of multiple gun-related offences on the premises
More information on this motion can be accessed here.
I feel strongly about protecting Toronto's communities. This is an important piece of the message that illegal guns are not welcome in the City of Toronto.
This item is to be heard for final approval at the June 18th meeting of City Council.
Councillor Ainslie's Constituency Mobile Office
Coming to You
Next Mobile Office:
2:30 pm to 4:30 pm - June 18, 2019
110 Mornelle Court - Lobby
2:30 pm to 4:30 pm - June 25, 2019
2180 Ellesmere Road- Lobby
2:30 pm to 4:30 pm - July 2, 2019
18 Lee Centre Drive - Lobby
2:30 pm to 4:30 pm - July 16, 2019
88 Grangeway Drive - Lobby
| Copyright © 2006-2019 - Paul Ainslie. All rights reserved
Sign up for my monthly Ward 24 Report
Scarborough Business Association
UTSC - Draft Secondary Plan
Metrolinx GO Expansion (Guildwood to Pickering)
Scarborough Transit Planning Update
Guild Park and Gardens
Toronto Public Library’s What's On