Guild Inn Update - April, 2015 - Click Here
Spring is bringing many enhancements to Ward 43. There will be a new splash pad, street furniture, road resurfacing and constructions projects. I hope you take the time to enjoy them as I strive to have our tax dollars spent in your community for their best value.
The largest project will be the redevelopment of the Guild Inn. With the lease agreement/operations agreement now signed, plans for the banquet hall/restaurant are becoming a reality. You many read the details in Section 7 of this report along with the links to the Guild Inn redevelopment and the Guild Inn and Gardens Master Plan.
City Council has been active with many reports coming forward, I have put forward a number of items that affect Ward 43 and the City as a whole. A recent list may be found in Section 2 of this report.
Driveway widths in Scarborough are effecting a number of residents across Scarborough, the zoning bylaw is not serving our residents well. Residents are finding themselves in a situation when they try to repave their current driveway, to be told by the City that their current driveway has been illegally widened. In most cases the residence have a one car garage door opening on a large lot and are surprised when asked to reduce their driveway to the size of the garage door; not taking into consideration the size of their private lot. Other jurisdictions in the City have measures to protect their residents. I am trying to have the same courtesy extended to Scarborough Residents. To have your opinion heard on this matter send in your comments to the Planning and Growth Committee firstname.lastname@example.org and copy my office as well – I need your voice to push this matter forward. View the item: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2015.PG1.6
Councillor Ainslie's Mobile Office
Coming to You
3 pm - 4 pm
Dates and Locations for 2015:
March 13 - 4110 Lawrence Ave. E.
April 17 - 4175 Lawrence Ave. E.
May 22 - 110 Mornelle Court
June 05 - 90 Mornelle Court
July 10 -4301 Kingston Road
August 14 -4100 Lawrence Ave. E.
Guild Inn Building Proposed Banquet Hall/Restaurant
The Guild Park and Gardens Management Plan - Final Release
Pan Am 2015 - Volunteer Program
May 1st, 2014 Pan Am Town Hall Presentation
2015 Pan/Parapan Am Games and Programming Update
As Chair of the Government Management Committee we have approved
$373 million in Tax Savings since 2010
- Services Benefit Cards annual savings of $6.2 million (62 million over 10 yrs)
- Sole Source contracts reduced at a savings of $22.5 million
- Core Service Review implementations for service delivery $25 million in savings
- New Collective Agreement, full and part-time workers $150 million in savings over next 4yrs.
- Eliminated paper news clippings, switched to electronic $170,000 saved
- Eliminated paper pay stubs savings of $300 to be fully implemented by December 2014
- Online posting of all Purchasing Card (PCard) transactions. Adopted by CC in April 2011, Transactions for all City Divisions on the cities open data page.
- Open Government Committee has been formed of all the ABC's to focus on how all the divisions can move forward to strive for Open Government to best serve the residents.
- Pod Casts have been in place for over one year. Social Media has been enabled to reach the residents of Toronto on meetings, important Issues, committee & volunteer opportunities. This tool is keeping our residents up to date on the goings on at City Hall.
- Idea Market launched in 2011. Front-line employees participate advancing City Divisions to reach the City's priorities.
- Civic Engagement, Council votes and attendance records, along with City agendas, now recorded and online, More public consultations in 2011/2012 budget process
| Copyright © 2006-2015 Paul Ainslie. All rights reserved
Community Clean Up Day 2015
Toronto Hydro Project Livingston / Guildwood
85 Keeler Development
Emerald Ash Borer(EAB)
Toronto Public Library’s What's On
Our Kingston Galloway / Orton Park community
Pan Am 2015
Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
saveONenergy Home Assistance Program (HAP)