Emerald Ash Borer removal in Guild Inn Park and Gardens and South Marine Park
A public meeting for Ash Management Plans for Guildwood Park & South Marine Park was held on January 9th, 2014. For those who were unable to attend please visit EAB page to view the links for the presentation given during the meeting.
Guild Inn (Bickford) Update
Latest motions by Councillor Ainslie from February 2014 City of Toronto Council Meeting
Town hall meetings on Toronto Hydro's response to ice storm
The Independent Review Panel responsible for assessing Toronto Hydro's response to the December 2013 ice storm will hold three concurrent town hall meetings on Thursday, March 6. Toronto residents and business owners will have an opportunity to comment on Toronto Hydro's preparation for and response to the ice storm.
The City of Toronto is co-ordinating the meetings, which will take place from 7 to 9:30 p.m. in the council chambers at the following locations:
• North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge St.
• Etobicoke Civic Centre, 399 The West Mall
• Scarborough Civic Centre, 150 Borough Dr.
Panel members will moderate each meeting. Torontonians may address the panel for three minutes each. Written comments will also be accepted. The panel has asked that Toronto Hydro representatives not be present at the meetings in order that Torontonians may speak freely. The panel will consider the information gathered in these meetings as it develops its findings and recommendations, to be published in a final report.
Customers and residents unable to attend one of these meetings can provide feedback to Davies Consulting LLC by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Davies Consulting, a leading energy consultancy, is conducting the review of Toronto Hydro's response to the ice storm under the direction of the Independent Review Panel.
About the Independent Review Panel: This expert panel is composed of chair David McFadden, partner at Gowlings law firm; Sean Conway, visiting fellow at Ryerson University's Centre for Urban Energy; Carlos Torres, vice-president of emergency management at Consolidated Edison of New York; and Joe Pennachetti, Toronto City Manager. The panel is responsible for overseeing the review of Toronto Hydro's performance during the December 2013 ice storm that affected more than 300,000 customers in the Greater Toronto Area.
As Chair of the Government Management Committee we have approved
$373 million in Tax Savings since 2010
- Services Benefit Cards annual savings of $6.2 million (62 million over 10 yrs)
- Sole Source contracts reduced at a savings of $22.5 million
- Core Service Review implementations for service delivery $25 million in savings
- New Collective Agreement, full and part-time workers $150 million in savings over next 4yrs.
- Eliminated paper news clippings, switched to electronic $170,000 saved
- Eliminated paper pay stubs savings of $300 to be fully implemented by December 2014
- Online posting of all Purchasing Card (PCard) transactions. Adopted by CC in April 2011, Transactions for all City Divisions on the cities open data page.
- Open Government Committee has been formed of all the ABC's to focus on how all the divisions can move forward to strive for Open Government to best serve the residents.
- Pod Casts have been in place for over one year. Social Media has been enabled to reach the residents of Toronto on meetings, important Issues, committee & volunteer opportunities. This tool is keeping our residents up to date on the goings on at City Hall.
- Idea Market launched in 2011. Front-line employees participate advancing City Divisions to reach the City's priorities.
- Civic Engagement, Council votes and attendance records, along with City agendas, now recorded and online, More public consultations in 2011/2012 budget process
Councillor Ainslie's Mobile Office
Coming to You
3 pm - 4 pm
Dates and Locations:
March 21, 2014 - 3847 Lawrence Avenue East
March 28, 2014 - 4301 Kingston Road
Emerald Ash Borer(EAB)
Toronto Public Library’s What's On
Proposed Wind Turbines Project
Our Kingston Galloway / Orton Park community
Restoration of Highland Creek
Pan Am 2015
Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
saveONenergy Home Assistance Program (HAP)
| Copyright © 2006-2014 Paul Ainslie. All rights reserved