Have your say on the 2015 City Budget
Public Budget Meeting in Scarborough
Where: Scarborough Civic Centre Budget Committee - Public Deputations
When: February 3, 2015
Session 1: 3 - 5 p.m.
Session 2: 6 p.m. onwards
List of all meetings click here
1. To make a public presentation at one of the Budget Subcommittee meetings on February 2 (Toronto City Hall) or 3 (Scarborough Civic Centre), 2015. Register by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 416-392-4666 before 4 p.m. on January 30. Indicate your choice of location, date and session number. Individuals may make only one presentation at any one of the consultation sessions.
2. To send your written comments to the Budget Committee. Email: email@example.com. Fax: 416-392-1879, Attention: Budget Committee. Mail: Attention: Budget Committee, Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St. W., 10th floor, West Tower,
Toronto, ON M5H 2N2.
The 2015 Staff Recommended Operating Budget is $11.5 billion with a proposed budget tax increase of 2.25%. For the average house assessed at $524,833 the 2.25% budget tax increase will result in an additional $58.66 per household.
The 2015-2024 Staff Recommended Capital Budget and Plan is $31.7 billion and includes $1.6 billion in new capital investments to maintain the City's transportation network, public transit, and shelter, support and housing. The capital budget and plan continues to fund the City's two largest transit investments, the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension and the Scarborough Subway Extension.
If you are interested in more details about the City's budgets, please review the 2015 Budget website at: toronto.ca/budget2015 ( http://www.toronto.ca/budget2015 ).
Toronto Public Library Budget 2015
Public Budget Meeting
Where: Cedarbrae Library located at 545 Markham Road 416-396-8850
When: February 4, 2015 - 6:30 PM - 8 PM
Ward 43 Natural Ice Skate Rinks
Go out and enjoy three natural community ice rinks in Ward 43:
- Morningside Park, 390 Morningside Ave (park in the first parking lot and walk over the pedestrian bridge)
- Botany Hill Park, 277 Orton Park Rd.
- Elizabeth Simcoe Park, 180 Sylvan Ave
Councillor Ainslie's Mobile Office
Coming to You
3 pm - 4 pm
Dates and Locations:
New dates coming soon
Guild Inn Building Proposed Banquet Hall/Restaurant
The Guild Park and Gardens Management Plan - Final Release
Pan Am 2015 - Volunteer Program
May 1st, 2014 Pan Am Town Hall Presentation
2015 Pan/Parapan Am Games and Programming Update
As Chair of the Government Management Committee we have approved
$373 million in Tax Savings since 2010
- Services Benefit Cards annual savings of $6.2 million (62 million over 10 yrs)
- Sole Source contracts reduced at a savings of $22.5 million
- Core Service Review implementations for service delivery $25 million in savings
- New Collective Agreement, full and part-time workers $150 million in savings over next 4yrs.
- Eliminated paper news clippings, switched to electronic $170,000 saved
- Eliminated paper pay stubs savings of $300 to be fully implemented by December 2014
- Online posting of all Purchasing Card (PCard) transactions. Adopted by CC in April 2011, Transactions for all City Divisions on the cities open data page.
- Open Government Committee has been formed of all the ABC's to focus on how all the divisions can move forward to strive for Open Government to best serve the residents.
- Pod Casts have been in place for over one year. Social Media has been enabled to reach the residents of Toronto on meetings, important Issues, committee & volunteer opportunities. This tool is keeping our residents up to date on the goings on at City Hall.
- Idea Market launched in 2011. Front-line employees participate advancing City Divisions to reach the City's priorities.
- Civic Engagement, Council votes and attendance records, along with City agendas, now recorded and online, More public consultations in 2011/2012 budget process
Community Clean Up Day 2015
Toronto Hydro Project Livingston / Guildwood
85 Keeler Development
Emerald Ash Borer(EAB)
Toronto Public Library’s What's On
Our Kingston Galloway / Orton Park community
Pan Am 2015
Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
saveONenergy Home Assistance Program (HAP)