Spring is finally here! The City of Toronto is continuing in its efforts to get the debris cleaned up from the storms this past winter, and now it's visible a rapid and thorough effort is being used to pick up the debris. Therefore, I ask for your consideration as the municipal government works through all the streets with our mechanical equipment and in some instances, manual crews. Please continue to prepare remaining wood debris from the ice storm for collection with leaf and yard waste regular biweekly collection. You can find additional information in section 15 of April Ward 43 Report.
I am very happy to report that City Council has granted authority for the City to enter into a Letter of Intent (LOI) to renovate the former Guild Inn. The LOI is the next step in the process is to sublease the Bickford Residence and operate a restaurant and event/banquet/conference centre. This approval is one in many steps in creating the restaurant and banquet feature the community has long desired and planned for.
Dynamic Hospitality and Entertainment Group has been negotiating with the City of Toronto since last July, when City Council approved their application to move
I have been working with the community for a number of years to help shape a revitalization of the site to serve the community and respect the grounds, I would like to thank all the residents, the Guildwood Village Community Association, the Guild Renaissance Group, the Friends of Guild Inn Park & Gardens, and the Friends of Elizabeth Simcoe Park, for their input and advice given to myself and City Staff throughout this process.
Down at City Hall, City of Toronto Election Services is hosting two contests to give Toronto residents the chance to show off their creative side and share their opinion on the importance of voting. The Design Your Vote poster contest is open to youth between the ages of 13 and 24 and the Your Voice, Your Vote video contest is open to all ages. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three posters and videos; $250 for first, $150 for second and $100 for third.
The winning poster will also be used as the brand for our youth engagement campaign.
The deadline to enter is Sunday, May 4, 2014 at 11:59 pm. Visit our website for more information www.toronto.ca/elections/contests
As Chair of the Government Management Committee we have approved
$373 million in Tax Savings since 2010
- Services Benefit Cards annual savings of $6.2 million (62 million over 10 yrs)
- Sole Source contracts reduced at a savings of $22.5 million
- Core Service Review implementations for service delivery $25 million in savings
- New Collective Agreement, full and part-time workers $150 million in savings over next 4yrs.
- Eliminated paper news clippings, switched to electronic $170,000 saved
- Eliminated paper pay stubs savings of $300 to be fully implemented by December 2014
- Online posting of all Purchasing Card (PCard) transactions. Adopted by CC in April 2011, Transactions for all City Divisions on the cities open data page.
- Open Government Committee has been formed of all the ABC's to focus on how all the divisions can move forward to strive for Open Government to best serve the residents.
- Pod Casts have been in place for over one year. Social Media has been enabled to reach the residents of Toronto on meetings, important Issues, committee & volunteer opportunities. This tool is keeping our residents up to date on the goings on at City Hall.
- Idea Market launched in 2011. Front-line employees participate advancing City Divisions to reach the City's priorities.
- Civic Engagement, Council votes and attendance records, along with City agendas, now recorded and online, More public consultations in 2011/2012 budget process
Councillor Ainslie's Mobile Office
Coming to You
3 pm - 4 pm
Dates and Locations:
April 4---4301 Kingston Road
April 11---110 Mornelle Court
April 25---90 Mornelle Court
Emerald Ash Borer(EAB)
Toronto Public Library’s What's On
Proposed Wind Turbines Project
Our Kingston Galloway / Orton Park community
Restoration of Highland Creek
Pan Am 2015
Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
saveONenergy Home Assistance Program (HAP)
|| Copyright © 2006-2014 Paul Ainslie. All rights reserved